Monday, March 09, 2009

I hate daylight savings time

Or at least, the spring ahead one; fall back's not so bad. Like today, the Monday after spring ahead, I dragged myself out of bed at 6:15 a.m., that felt like 5:15a.m., after being really dozy on the couch Sunday night between 9:30 and 11:30, and then having a hard time falling asleep when the clock said 12:30. Everyone says "Oh, we'll have so much more light at the end of the day".

I drove to work because I couldn't get my foster kid out of bed and had to drive her to school - thinking that in that so much more light at the end of the day, I would walk to the library. But it started clouding over, and at 4:45 when I was still in the car, coming back from dropping the girl at a friend's, it seemed better to just stop at the library. It may be lighter later, but I'm just as tired-er later.

I had a small brunch crowd yesterday, so I tonight for dinner I ate leftover red-braised potatoes - fingerlings cooked in vegetable broth with smoked paprika and a dab of tomato paste - and sweet sour cabbage. The cabbage is this recipe that I made for Christmas dinner, and had been plotting to make again with the last of the cabbage from my CSA box.

I took the leftover brunch muffins to work.



No comments: