Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Andy Warhol plates

Since I order stuff from online catalogs, like Crate & Barrel, King Arthur Flour, Boden, and of course Amazon, from time to time I get special offers in my email, like this one for Andy Warhol plates in 4 colors.

I fantasized ordering a bunch of them, like 25 of each color (it would only have cost about $200), anticipating smart, mod cocktail parties at my supper club, but I dreamed a little too long, and they sold out, all but the green. I got a stack of plain whites to go with, so I am now the proud owner if melamine appetizer plates for 40.



I'm still just a little miffed that I didn't get the deal for all four colors - it seems incomprehensible that a nice Pittsburgh girl like me coulda missed out on it, but I guess that's just how it goes. Too many other style conscious folks with quicker typing fingers and faster credit cards than me, even if I do hail from the 'burgh.

No comments: