Sunday, June 03, 2007

The dishwasher's busted -

and making a f***ing awful noise, although it seems to still get the dishes clean. This just points out to me my continual, losing battle with entropy, that I also like to call "the joys of home ownership". Really what I think it's all about is the more stuff you have, the more stuff you have that can get broken, lost, damaged. Yesterday John & I spent a fruitless half hour looking for his baseball glove, and even though we did a few fun trips down memory lane, overall all we both got was depressed - somehow, no matter how carefully I try to store all of our stuff, things seems to get broken, lost, damaged.

And, on a related note, we seem to be in a patch of nothing's ever easy - we tried to get John some camera equipment, and had to go through this long process of filling out forms and getting his teacher's signature, and we even kind of inadvertantly made duplicate orders with both the dealer, Calumet, and the outfit that sets up these deals for photography students to get special prices on equipment ... are they just making so little film photography equipment that you have to prove nine times you're a photography student just to buy a light meter? And, we got John a new digital camera, popped for 1-day shipping, and now I have to call my bank and add my work address to my credit card, so that they can send it to us - and it's probably because I chose to purchase without setting up yet another account, and yet another password to remember, with the online camera merchant - they are protecting me, because my work address isn't associated with my credit card - so I am glad but it's still not easy ...

So tomorrow morning first thing, I have to call both the dishwasher repair, and the bank ...

No comments: