Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ALA in NOLA

So we're off to the American Library Association Conference in New Orleans tomorrow (and I just realised that is a line in an old Allman Brothers' song "on my way to New Orleans this morning"; it's in Ramblin' Man)

But what I was thinking about mostly of course is food - in past visits, it was so apparent that NO really lived up to its reputation as a restaurant town - everywhere you went, even the small stuff that's so hard to get right in restaurants, like the bread and the coffee and the iced tea, was perfect. I wonder how it'll be post-Katrina, but since we will be in the tourist-y part, I am virtually certain it'll still be perfect.

I think my favorite NO food things are cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe du Monde, and a mustard salad dressing we had, I think at the Gumbo Shop.

No comments: