Saturday, September 05, 2009

Lazy Labor Day with a cold

I started this one on Saturday, when I felt I wasn't yet fully recovered from my past weekend of moving in Minneapolis. Here's the last MN shot, pie for breakfast at Worcester's after my hosts had taken off for the Big Apple to visit their son. When Lea asked "what am I forgetting?", I replied, "they sell it in New York". Chad picked up my refrain, but it took several choruses to get them out the door.
I wanted to straighten kids' rooms, now that kids have vacated for college, but I only got as far as recycling the liquor bottles and washing all the sheets. What was in the the lint trap of the dryer was pure, virgin cat hair, untainted with any cotton or other fabric lint. So soft and fluffy.

I parked cars for the first Badger game, and sold cookies along with - made $70 - 6 cars and 20 cookies. It was more stressful than it should have been. I ask people to leave their keys so no one gets parked in, and the last guy didn't leave his. He paid me, I just never got the keys. A kid bought a bunch of cookies right after the last car transaction, and I was afraid he picked up the dude's keys. So I spent the next few hours hoping that his car would just miraculously disappear, proving the guy kept his keys. And after having to back out only one car from in front of it, it did.

Hanging around as car park attendant gave me time to fold about 3 weeks worth of laundry.

They used to say, "Man works from sun to sun, but woman's work is never done", and that's really the theme of my labor day weekend - I would've loved to have a big meaningful project - Rach painted the living room, Steve & Heike did all sort of house stuff - but instead I just kind of caught up on, and maybe did a better than average job of, the regular chores that will just have to be done all over again, tomorrow.

No comments: