Sunday, November 16, 2008

Too-short trip to Chicago

We went to Chicago to see Robyn Hitchcock at Old Town School of Folk. It was a fun trip, but everything about it was a little too short - except the bus rides.

First of all, I would've loved to have had tickets for BOTH the 7:00 and 10:00 shows, but by the time I bought mine, the 7:00 show was sold out.

Going to Chicago, the bus was late - so instead having enough time for dinner and a show, we only had time for the show - with a quick Starbucks beforehand. I lobbied for a stop at an Italian place down Lincoln Av. from Old Town School, where it seemed to me that I could've had a glass of wine, Mark could have had a coffee, and we could've split a dessert - but I lost.

We had a nice hotel room, but we were barely there.

Sunday morning, there was time for breakfast at a corner bakery, a walk past the Art Institute before it was even open, and a turn through Millennium Park. Then it was off to the bus, which was on time this time, got us back to Madison in something like 2 hours and 18 minutes. So, hmm, guess that leg of the trip qualifies for the too-short category, too.

No comments: