Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm such a bad housewife

On Sunday I washed all the sheets, but I never got around to making my bed until Monday night at about 8:00 p.m., when everything was all wrinkled (it all flattened out pretty quick though). And that doesn't even begin to consider the fact that I practice the slovenly habit of just taking the sheets off the bed, washing them and putting them back on (and, do ya think my sheets are a matched set? hmmm...) when every truly good homemaker knows that you are supposed to rotate your sheet sets, so they don't wear out.

And, the true measure is that my kids' rooms look just as they left them, stuff all over the floor - and John's been out of the house for three years. I just know a really good housewife would have tupperwared all that crap ages ago.

Laundry in the practice cottage
ca. 1915
Publisher: University of Wisconsin--Madison
Description: Photograph published in the 1915-16 home economics course catalog with the caption "Students in household management learn the theory and practice of laundry work under modern conditions of power machinery."

No comments: