Sunday, June 17, 2007

Doorprized


Last night I got doorprized, but in a good way, meaning I got something to take home from an event, rather than having someone open their car door in front of my bike.

I won this huge hanging basket of flowers at a chamber music concert, Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society. We heard:

  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Flute Quartet in D Major
  • Ricardo Lorenz: "Piedra en la piedra" ("Stone against stone") for flute and percussion
  • Maurice Ravel: Tzigane for violin and piano
  • Johannes Brahms: Piano Quartet in A Major
The Lorenz piece for marimba and flute was particularly fun, and the Brahms was very nice too - the piano player (I know, I know he is probably a pianist, since it's chamber music; piano players play in bars), co-founder of BDDS said that if a piece of music was a place this is the one where he'd like to live.

Some of the musicians live in my neighborhood, so I'll send them these pictures of the flowers on my front porch.

No comments: