Thursday, May 17, 2007

More mothers


And I'm still a few days late - read my brother's post for Mother's Day - motherless, for us - and it reminded me that while John & I were driving to Chicago, we were talking about how much we still missed Oma. She came to live with us for what turned out to be the last 4 years of her life - she moved into the upstairs apartment when John had just turned 13, and Al was 11. She irritated me every second, we never would have survived living at close quarters if we did not each have our own kitchen, but what I miss the most is that when she was around, she just made it seem like everything was going to be fun.

Mimi drew this picture of Oma - I kept that stripey turtleneck she's wearing and I have been sleeping in it on chilly spring nights.

No comments: