Monday, May 14, 2007

Last year's Google Mother's day - missed my chance for this year.

And also lost this post the first time through, so maybe this will be a better version.

I guess I had a good mothers' day - it wasn't so relaxing, although I am sure all my menfolk would just say I do it to myself.

I got a bunch of chores done - although they were all of the never-done variety, like cleaning the cat box, and changing the sheets, and de-liming the tea kettle - but boy, my coffee was good this a.m. with water from the freshly de-limed kettle, and freshly ground beans.

Mark overcame his miserable cold, and put up shelves for me in my new study - so now I really have to sort all my stacks of papers - but the shelves weren't up till a little too late in the day; it'll have to be another weekend ...

We grilled, my choice, couldn't do brunch because Al's senior prom was the night before, and he was not home in time for brunch. I didn't make all the dishes I thought I could, and I did not get the charcoal going soon enough for John, but he took over grilling the brats, and seemed to enjoy it. And we all sat down and ate dinner together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! If you didn't get a chance to, send your mom a great e-card from http://www.hipstercards.com/ even if you're a little late, it will be worth the wait!