Thursday, March 08, 2007

Innovation/Repetition

So in an attempt to deal creatively with yet more leftovers, I ended up going the same path - I turned the leftover tomato-chick pea soup into Tex-Mex enchiladas, same as I did with the leftover sauerbraten meat. Soup into enchiladas? you may well ask - I strained the soup, combined the tomato chunks, sautéed onions, and parsley with grated cheese (a combo of feta, fresh mozzarella, peppashire- English cheddar with peppadews, and regular cheddar, a.k.a. a blend of all the little hunks of cheese in the back of the cheese drawer) and used that for the enchilada filling. Then I used the broth for liquid to cook Spanish rice in, additionally managing to further clean out the fridge by adding the inner stalks, the part of a bunch celery that had been in the vegetable drawer, and some turkey broth I had thawed to make the soup in the first place, and that little baggie of extra chopped parsley, also left from the original soup.

Even though I feel like a broken record, the kids ate up all the rice and enchiladas for lunch yesterday, so that is some kind of success.

Broken records somewhere in debris near New Orleans, by Lorelle VanFossen

No comments: