Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Omigod ....


... I'm buying a house. I had started looking for a place in February, the idea being a place where I could have an ideal kitchen, host monthly dinners, maybe rent part of it, do catering ... I had pretty much given up, and had stopped looking, because nothing that I looked at was as nice as my own house. Kind of on a whim around the end of June I picked out a few listings and asked the realtor to set up some showings - we were optimistic that a 3 flat was going to nice (it was horrible) but to our surpise this one turned out to be the first thing I looked at that truly has potential to be what I want it to be - it has a gorgeous living room - dining room area, a perfectly OK kitchen, a toilet in the basement that could be remodeled into a real bathroom for guests, and enough bathrooms upstairs to be a B&B or rental.

Right now, and well into next year, it is located in the middle of road construction hell, but when the construction is done, it will be on a beautiful boulevard that is the Eastern approach to the state Capitol.















photo by Brent Nicastro or Jay Salvo, from WI State Legislature web site

1 comment:

Jinbon H Wrong aka Sloop John B said...

Do people come out and move around in the winter up there. I know its great in the summer, but