Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, thinking about Sunday night


Can't say yesterday was a horrible Sunday, just not on a par with, say, a Sunday off skiing or touristing in a big city (hmm, snowed in in NYC - that might be fun, as long as we had NOT actually gone out to LaGuardia yet ...)

Al was sick (and maybe a little hungover) - he went to his HS midwinter dance the night before - John was depressed (and maybe a little hungover) - he's a freshman in college and the work load always seems doable, and even challenging and fun, until the deadlines close in - and I was feeling at the mercy of kids' moods, (and maybe a little hungover) I'm the mom, how come I can't make it all better for them ...

Plus side - went back to bed for a little while first thing with my sweetie; went for a long walk with my best girl walking chum; ate leftover gingerbread & fruit salad for breakfast; cleaned up Al's room and moved a few more things downstairs....

Down side - spent ungodly amount of time repetitively cleaning up the kitchen; couldn't fix the kitchen faucet and now am the proud owner of a $2.97 set of washers that should be returned to Home Depot - yeah right; Al felt sicker in the evening and I mostly couldn't do anything about it; John got more bummed in the evening and called a bunch from his dorm and I mostly couldn't do anything about it -

And - this IS a food blog, right - the ever-present-low-level worry that there're all these leftovers and foods in the fridge, and will I manage to use them/get people to eat them before they're wasted ...

So, I made chicken soup. From Friday's chicken (that no ever ate), used the meat and most of the barley, and really good home made broth from the Thanksgiving turkey.

And I ate the salad and potatoes from last night for lunch, and made the meat into bbq, I'm sure kids will eat the gingerbread and ice cream ...

And it's kind of sunny out today ...

No comments: