Monday, October 12, 2009

Seattle & Northwest Trip Notes #1

One of the things I got to do in Seattle was go see Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 at the venerable, but now under new management and remodeled, Crocodile Cafe. Robyn's got a special attachment to seattle - the climate's temperate, like the UK, and all his American musician cronies live around here; Peter Buck actually in Seattle (and a part owner of the the Croc, I think), Scott McCaughey in Portland, and I'm not sure where Bill Rieflin lives. The Fellows opened.

It was a fun show, maybe not especially innovative in song selections, but well-played. And, as my brother said, the sound was great. I wonder if there're any recordings? (Only pretty crappy YouTube vid so far... [10/13] aah, they're getting better now; I'll fill in on the songs as I find 'em)

For once, I made a set list:
Fellows open

~~~
Trains
Kingdom of love
Brendans iron sledge
Adventure rocket ship
What you is
Saturday groovers
NY doll
Television
Vibrating
Beautiful queen
I'm falling
Creeped American girl
Beatle Dennis
Madonna of the wasps
Up to our nex
Goodnight Oslo (for Michelle)
You were a blond
encore
Ballad of John & Yoko
W/ Chris Ballew Queen of eyes
Give it to the soft boys
Briggs

No comments: