Saturday, May 30, 2009

WordPress

I've always been a bit envious of the more technologically advanced bloggers who use Wordpress (or other blogging software), and have it running on their own server, so it is totally customizeable.

On Friday it ocurred to me that I probably had everything I needed to try it out - I emailed my hosting service (1&1 Internet) to ask if I had all the requirements (I was pretty sure I did) right as I was leaving work, and by the time I got home, they had emailed me back with a link to the "installing wordpress with 1&1" FAQ.

The Deb's Lunch WordPress ed. is up and running, still pretty rudimentary so far - but it's endlessly fascinating. My first goal is to create a recipe index, except I think it'll be a little tricky, because I think it'll have to be based on tags - so I'll have to go back and tag all my posts that include recipes ... plus some recipes are actually IN posts; others only linked to. Endlessly fascinating.

No comments: