Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blueberries

It took three trips to Brennan's for me to get my annual 10-pound box of blueberies - despite their sign, which read "Berry Bliss - Michigan blueberries are here". Nothing in the news says it's a bad year for blueberries, but I guess it's a bad year, a horrible year, for door county cherries - I'll have to look for last year's frozen.

This morning, I rinsed the berries and laid them out on trays for freezing - I'll pack them in ziploc bags tomorrow - except I packed one bag tonight, so's I could photograph them:


I wrote up my blueberry muffin recipe, too.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

I grew up in Northern Illinois (Freeport) and always went to Brennen's in Monroe. I didn't realize it was a chain! Still make a special trip up there if I'm ever in the area.

Deb's Lunch said...

a limited chain of 5 or 6 stores, anyways! &grin<