Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cookies, what else

Three kinds tonight, whoo-hoo, sesame-topped anise, coconut, and chocolate stars . The stars are a new idea - the cookie bottoms are Martha's, and I stuck the stars on; usually it's a peanut butter cookie base. The recipe I used was the ultimate Martha recipe - chocolate thumbprints, little round cookies with a puddle of chocolate (or you can make them with jam) in the middle; the instructions read, "have ready a bowl of ice water" - you're supposed to bake the cookies for about 8 minutes, and then poke the holes in them with your thumb, using the ice water to cool off your abused digit - so Martha implies that if you hurt yourself you can be as perfect as her, though she does let on evenually that you can use the handle of a wooden spoon instead of your thumb ...

Cookie production 2007
I also am developing a belief, similar to my brother's in the healing power of good whiskey - last night my left shoulder was really tight, from a combination of cookie-baking & snow-shoveling, and I allowed myself one shot of Maker's Mark at bedtime, as a muscle relaxant, and it really worked. Probably we got this idea from our Dad, who treated his skiing injuries with aspirin and Scotch.

No comments: