Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last day of the year

It's here - the end of 2006. I saw a friend in the parking lot of the liquor store, where I had gone to buy a bottle of champagne for my younger son, and said "New year's is such a crap holiday" ... well, it is. I'm kind of sad that the holidays are over, and even though I dumped a big pile of magazines in the recycle bin yesterday, my house is still stuffed with old junk, piled up in untidy piles. This was especially apparent today, since both kids were trying to find the perfect New year's outfits, digging through heaps of old stuff shoved in closets.

I kind of feel like I did not use my break time wisely enough, and now am un-prepared to make a fresh start in the new year. I'm still tired and my house is a mess.

And the weather - we all knew global warming was happening, but I sure didn't think it would come so soon. Everyday for weeks has been highs in the 40s, lows in the 30s, partly cloudy, chance of rain. It poured this morning, and now it's after 8:00 p.m., on December 31st, in Wisconsin, and it's 48 degrees outside.

I guess I better get a bike trailer, too.

happy new year, everyone! Even if I am feeling a little dubious, it's got be better in 2007 - Right?

No comments: