Friday, September 15, 2006

Food for thought


Tomorrow I am volunteering at the annual Food for Thought Festival, a cool local event that as their web site says, is a "fun, festive forum that explores and celebrates our many opportunities to eat more pleasurably, healthfully and sustainably."

My volunteer job is MC for the main tent, which means that I will be doing pretty much what I often do at my day job as a librarian, for events and conferences: welcoming everyone, writing little bios & introducing speakers, thanking sponsors.

It's a great line-up this year - the keynote speaker is Anna Lappé and the guest chef is Mollie Katzen. I was kind of hoping to get one of the the volunteer jobs as an assistant for Mollie's cooking demo, but I offered to help on the late side, and ended up as a non-cooking volunteer. It's all good - I bet I still get to eat!

No comments: